Thursday, April 6, 2017

Back Home

You may have surmised that I haven't been home and you would be right. I spent the month of March in Naples, FL where we had perfect weather every day. It only rained once and that was at night when we were sleeping. They really need rain down there but it was fabulous for us. We also missed a horrible March here in CT. Lots of snow and frigid weather, the worst of the winter.

We did way too much shopping, eating, wine drinking and ice cream eating, but it was worth the three pound weight gain, which I am in the process of loosing. I was in a rented house with my sister and two other friends, my usual travel companions. We had a wonderful time, but now I am trying to get back in the groove.

Before we left I picked two cards for my Sunday Morning Son project. One card said "thread art" and I debated doing it by machine or by hand. I decided to do some hand embroidery and here is just the very beginning. I had missed having hand work to do when I finished my denim jacket, so this should keep me busy for quite awhile.


I may do a machine one, too, because I love to machine stitch.

The other card I drew was "natural dyeing" and I have been having fun doing some research and I plan on starting that today. I will post some pictures when I have something to show.

I'm also going to some ice dyeing on some vintage linen napkins given to me by a friend. I'll show you those, too, some please come back.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

Welcome back, I bet Floridas warmth felt good. I know the warmth felt good in Phoenix. Love the start of the stitching.