Sunday, July 13, 2014

I'm in Quilting Arts!

My Quilting Arts magazine came yesterday and I was thrilled to see my "Of Cabbages and Kings" given a full page with a detail.  This was part of the SAQA CT exhibit that traveled to three venues last year.  Eight of the thirty-seven who had quilts in the exhibit were invited to send their quilts to the magazine for possible inclusion in an article about the exhibit.  I mailed my quilt awhile ago and quite frankly had forgotten about it. So I was quite happy to see it there. 



I have had my quilts published in magazines before and many books, but this is my first time in Quilting Arts, my all time favorite quilting magazine. It is full of wonderful things, an abundance of art quits to drool over and new and interesting techniques to try, so go pick up a copy if you don't already subscribe. 
I've linked this up to Off the Wall Fridays.  Go see what everyone is up to and be sure to leave some comments.  We all love comments.

11 comments:

Hilary Florence said...

wow Norma, how wonderful! Congratulations in being in print - again! And I am so pleased for you that it is in a magazine that you admire so much. It is a beautiful quilt and such lovely colours. This one really does look delicious!

Cindy Green said...

Yes, I was so excited to see it there too! Congrats! It's well deserved and they did the quilt justice with the photography too.

Linda M said...

Congratulations, it looks fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Great news, Norma,
The world should see what a terrific quilter you are!
Carole Hoffman

Martha Ginn said...

Way to go, Norma! I hope my copy comes tomorrow...Martha

Sarah said...

Your cabbages and kings art quilt is definately worthy of a place in the magazine and I'm drooling!

Vivien Zepf said...

I was so excited for you when I saw it. Congratulations! As Cindy said, well deserved and the photography shows the quilt well.

quiltedfabricart said...

What a great quilt! Quilting arts is my favorite as well. My mom gets it and hands it down to me so I get them a month or so late but will be thrilled just to know someone that's in it, say nothing of how you must feel being the one in it! Wow! I have often thought of joining SAQA but not sure if it's worth the price of admission. Would love to get any feedback from you on what you get out of it and should I join. Thank you so much :-)

Windy Hill Happenings said...

This is just amazing!

Angie in SoCal said...

An amazing quilt, Norma! And of a lowly cabbage - you have made it regal. QA is one of my favorite mags with it's different focus. It's so interesting to try their techniques. I invite you to link to Hexie Weekend to share this beautiful eye candy with us - not enough people know about this magazine.

sonja said...

Truly lovely!! look forward to seeing them in print. your work is outstanding!