Sunday, July 27, 2014

Preliminary Piecing Finished

All my little 3 1/2 inch squares are finished.  I thought I was finished yesterday but one long diagonal line bothered me, so I made some new ones.  Now to sew them together, hopefully tomorrow. I learned a lot by doing this piece about gradations and I made some mistakes.  But now I think I know how to get a very smooth transition and am planning another piece in a different palette.  More about that later. I always say I learn something from every piece I do.


5 comments:

quilthexle said...

Your blocks look great - lovely transition !

Linda M said...

Great use of gradation colors.

Martha Ginn said...

I can see how these could be habit-forming. I love the red/orange/yellow and will be interested in seeing your next color choices.

Teresa Duryea Wong said...

The transition of color on this is just fantastic. Love it.

Mary Lachman said...

Stunning Norma! It colors remind me of the cadmium piece in Radical Elements show by the SAQA member from Alaska.