Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Whole New Palette

I know that I haven't shown much going on in my studio lately, but I am working on a new Skinny Wiggly piece, this one in warm colors, much like this summer.


 Most of these are my hand dyes, but I did have to fill in with commercial (gasp!) solids. I did a fair amount of dyeing for this,  but couldn't always get the colors I wanted.

My FiberWorks annual challenge this year is Transformation.  I toyed with a lot of ideas, but kept coming back to a color transformation.  I'm going with Yellow to Red.





All works this year are to be mounted on stretched artist canvases that are 24" x 30" in portrait orientation.  My little squares are 3 1/2" that will sew down to 3" and my finished piece will be 21" x 27", leaving a 1 1/2" border all around.






Here it is a little farther along. It will end up as very dark red in the lower right corner.

Since this one is not a secret I can show it to you as I progress.  I hope to finish the piecing soon.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.  Go see what everyone else is up to.

2 comments:

Heather Pregger said...

Beautiful palette! My absolute favorite range of colors!

We're on a similar wavelength -- my next palette is very similar.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Sizzling!