And after the stitching. You may notice that I've done a lot of tulips because they were easy to stitch and many of the shapes suggested tulips. It measures about 6" x 15"
Another before with some of the brightest colors in the batch.When I stitched those tulips I had to use an even darker pink than before.
The after with some more tulips and some "Norma" flowers. This one is 11" x 12.5".
I finished the edges with a machine buttonhole stitch in light green. These little pieces had no backing, just batting, and the edges weren't stiff enough to sew without tunneling. I tried putting tracing paper behind but then when I tore it out it pulled at the stitches and left little whiskers My solution was to brush two coatings of Acrylic medium around the edges. It dried clear and is not noticeable and made the edges stiff enough for the stitching.
Be sure to click on any picture for a bigger view of all. I am planning to finish the whole quilt this weekend and will show it next Friday. I hope! I've linked up again with Off the Wall Friday. Go over and see what everyone is up to.
And now for my exciting news. I got an email on Wednesday that one of my quilts, Brown Planet, a Collaboration, that was juried into the IQA show in Houston is a winner! They don't tell you what prize you won because they want you to be at the Winners Circle Ceremony on Tuesday night when the winners are announced. I was planning on going on Wednesday, but I was able to change my airline tickets and get an extra night at the hotel so that I can be there Tuesday night for the ceremony.
I am very excited and will be happy to share my prize with Kathy Loomis who designed the quilt.