Friday, November 16, 2012

Lucky me!

 Today as in previous years, I attended the annual Danbury Garden Club's Holiday Luncheon.  It's held at a lovely catering hall in town.  In the morning we see a prominent flower arranger demonstrate nine different flower arrangement, explaining what's she's doing as she goes along.  Tickets are sold to be put in a bag at the flower arrangements of your choice when she is finished and during a sumptuous lunch following, the winners are drawn. I bought several tickets and put them in for four or five arrangements.


I was delighted to be the winner of this beauty. The container is quite stunning, a dusty dark blue below and shiny copper color above with a flat shape.  She used orchids, celosias in a bright orange color and dark red carnations.  I forgot what she called those branches, but she wrapped the ends in copper wire to contain them and to add to the color of the piece.






I put it on the coffee table in my family room where it looks right at home with all my blues. I don't know if it will last until Thanksgivng, but in the meantime I will enjoy it as long as I can and will have the pretty container afterwards.

No comments: