Thursday, September 20, 2012

Welcome Home


I was so glad to get this little quilt back today.  It has been traveling for three years as part of a
 Fiber Revolution exhibit. Actually it is a replacement for the original quilt in this exhibit, which was sold in Botswana, Africa. I was asked if I would like to make a replacement so that it would be part of the traveling exhibit.  The first one, Botswana Suns, was very similar, using all the same colors of Dupioni silk, but with a different arrangement of blocks and circles. It's such a happy little quilt that I think I will try to find a place to hang it in my house.


Hot Spots II   30" x 30"


Hot Spots II --Detail

2 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

It certainly is a happy quilt, so glad it returned home safely.

Martha Ginn said...

Oh, wow--such a vibrant quilt; I'm sure you will hang it in your home to enjoy after its being away!