I made a few of these skinny wiggly strips in different shades of green. Although I cut the fabric exactly the same for each one, they all came out a different size, since it is free form cutting and curved piecing with no pinning. They surely wouldn't fit together that way. So I took them all off the design board and measured them all and found the least common denominator and that was 4 1/2 " x 8 1/2" to sew down to 4" x 8". Then I got out graph paper (haven't done that in ages) and crayons and made a few mock blocks to see how it would work.
I came up with this block of three strips.
Then I put up the few strips that I had made to see how I liked the repeating blocks, and I do like it. I want to make this a BIG quilt, as in 72" x 40". That means 30 blocks with three strips apiece, that means 90 strips! I have 12 made, so I only have 78 to go. It takes about an hour to make each strip. I wish I could be one of those people who can put in eight to ten hours a day sewing. Then it wouldn't take me that long, but I don't have the tenacity or work ethic, so this may take me awhile. My plan for now is to have very dark blocks in the upper left hand corner, then moving onto mid-tones in the center and then very light in the lower right hand corner.
I know that when I get back from my workshop, I'll be all gung-ho for shibori and this may get put on a back burner. But I will finish it.