Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Renga Round Two

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the Renga surface desing project that I am doing with two of the fiber arts group to which I belong.  You can read about it here. We have completed the second round.


This is what Linda's from the FANE group looked like when I got it.

I used a rubbing plate and metallic gold Shiva Paint Stick in an all-over design.  I chose this repeating round fan shape because I thought it echoed the round sun shape. I am pleased with the results.



This is Barbara's from the Scraps group. She had arishi tea dyed it and it was very delicate looking.

  



It took me a long time to decide what to do, but I went with the Shiva Paint Sticks again using a different rubbing plate.  I wanted to use gold again, but didn't have enough left for the whole sheet, so I used silver and then brushed over the top very lightly here and there with the gold.  I think it looks like a Batik. 

2 comments:

Cindy Green said...

Your Renga layers look wonderful! Great job! Your soup recipes look good too!

Vivien Zepf said...

So sad I missed the meeting, but thanks for posting the pictures; they look wonderful. I'm going to have to try your soup recipe and get the book.