Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lowell, MA

I decided to add a fourth day to my art journey. I had a quilt juried into the Brush Gallery in Lowell. MA and really wanted to go to the opening. I couldn't find any takers so I went alone, three hours up and three hours back. It wasn't too bad; I have a good car, it was a nice day and I have my trusty GPS, which helped me navigate the confusing Lowell Connector. I also went to the opening at the Whistler House Gallery, where I had a quilt last year. Somehow, I missed the call to entry this year. I'll try not to let that happen again.

This year the Brush had a theme for the first time, The Sea, so my Ocean Treasures was a good fit. The quilt extends up out of the top of the picture. There is pale blue sky above that deep blue horizon line. I quilted lots of critters into it, fish, sharks, whales in the water and shells, crabs, etc. in the sand.

5 comments:

Martha Ginn said...

Your art trip sounds fabulous! Loved your sea piece in this post.
Martha Ginn

Cindy Green said...

Your piece looks great at the show and your trip sounds terrific! Love the El Anatsui art - Wow! Must've been amazing in person!

Sue said...

You look great as does your wonderful beach work....envious of your trip to Vt and the galleries.

Unknown said...

Norma, It was nice to see you at The Whistler and I enjoyed your piece at The Brush. Lovely work as always.

Vivien Zepf said...

Oh, you had a lovely time! And congratulations on the piece at Lowell. I'm glad you treated yourself on the trip.