Friday, November 13, 2009

Make Art Every Day, Day 6

Here's one more postcard using embossed velvet. Awhile ago I had ordered little plastic bags for storing beads. I was delighted when my small order arrived lovingly wrapped in tan tissue paper with printed dragon flies. I saved the paper knowing it would go into my art at some time. To make this piece I tore pieces of aqua tissue paper and applied them to a piece of Peltex with acrylic medium, then cut out these tiny dragonflies and applied them the same way. When all was dry I stitched the velvet down with a button hole stitch on my machine. The back of the card has hand dyed light green fabric. These postcards can go through the mail with a regular first class stamp. I have sent many and they usually arrive unscathed. If you're worried about them getting dirty, you can use clear plastic envelopes and put the stamp on the outside.

6 comments:

Lois0607 said...

I am so far behind on checking out what everyone is doing for AEDN. I love all your postings - beautiful work.

Susie said...

Love the dragonflies. This is so attractive. You have such creative ideas to share.

Vivien Zepf said...

Another winner! And I think I like the red berries best. I am definitely going to have to try out posterize -- I keep forgetting!

Judy Hartman said...

This is so pretty! Lucky person who receives it in the mail!!

Sunflower Design said...

Your postcard is beautiful! I see we share a love of nature. The work on your web site is very inspiring.

Expressive Hart said...

Love love love the dragonflies!!!