Sunday, November 15, 2009

Art Every Day Month, Day 8

Does creative planning count for my Art Every Day?  While referring readers to the Hot Potatoes website, of course I had to look around and see what was new and couldn't resist ordering these new stamps which arrived yesterday.  All kinds of ideas are swirling in my head as to how to use them.  These stamps are quite large; the snowflake (possible Christmas cards?) is three inches square.  Although they are great for velvet embossing, they are good for any kind of stamping, including foiling.



I showed the back of one so that you can see how sturdy they are.  I just love this dandelion.




I am busy making actual art, too, just nothing I can show yet.  I'm working on the hand stitching on the rusted fabric quilt.  It is very slooooow going.  I can take one or two stitches at a time and that's with using a needle grabber for pushing the needle into the fabric and again for pulling it through.  A line of stitching that would take less than a minute on the machine might take an hour by hand.  Thankfully I was able do to most of it by machine


3 comments:

elk said...

norma I look forward to seeing ink on those!!

Sharon said...

It sure counts or me. ;) I love the stamps. The make me want to drag out all of mine. They're really fun. I can't wait to see the quilt you mentioned too. Sounds great.

Judy Hartman said...

Hi Norma,
Terrific stamps and the dandelion is definitely my favorite. I also love the rust dyed fabric on your previous post.
Looking forward to seeing your quilt when it's done!