I bought some Shiva Paint Sticks a few years ago and some rubbing plates to go with them and they have been languishing in my studio closet. I decided to haul them out and make some fabric to go with the blues and rusts that I blogged about on Thursday. On this first one I used a copper stick over one plate and then went over it with a gold stick and a different plate.
On this one, I used a third plate and rotated it for the second color. I think I like this one better. But they will likely be all cut up anyway. I have started piecing those blues and rusts, but I'm not sure that I'm loving it so far. I'll post something when I'm further along.
There was a lot of talk on Quiltart recently about rust-dyeing fabric, as in using real rusted meta things to dye your fabric. There were some very interesting results. Maybe I should try it and use it in this quilt. Hmmmmm, now where to find some rusty metal.