Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lion King

I went into New York yesterday to see The Lion King.  I had seen it several years ago, but my three friends had not and I was happy to see it again.  They all loved it and I enjoyed it all over again.  Although the music and story were fun, it's the visuals that make this an over-the-top Broadway show.  The puppetry was amazing!  At times you didn't know where to look, there was so much going on on the stage.  As a fiber artist, I was enthralled by the use of fabric.  
Those giraffes were quilted!!

If you haven't seen this show, do go if you get the chance.  Although it is based on the children's Disney movie, I think that the adults get more out of it.  There were a lot of little children in the theater and, no, they don't get a special rate.  Our tickets were $119 each.  I can't imagine paying that for a three or four year old and there were plenty of them in the audience.

We took the train in and back, and had lunch at a fun place on Restaurant Row on 46th Street.  The weather was absolutely perfect.  All in all a great day!  I love New York.

No comments: