Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Jacket



Occasionally I make a garment and I love jackets. I wouldn't mind living in a climate where the heaviest thing you had to wear was a jacket. I am very fond of Chico's for that reason They have the neatest jackets. I try not to visit there too often, because I invariably walk away with a new jacket that I just couldn't resist. But this one I made.

I fell in love with this Alexander Henry print. It is a heavier weight cotton, just perfect for a little jacket without lining. This was a very easy pattern to make and I like those raglan sleeves. The text is Japanese and I was assured that it says only nice things. l am going to Japan in October (perfect jacket weather) and I'm not sure if I should take it with me. Will someone be offended by my wearing their language on my sleeve?

2 comments:

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Im Inspired again.