Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Snowman Assembly Line #2

I give a holiday luncheon every year for my non-fiber friends. Last year I made party favors, which you can read about here.http://notesfromnorma.blogspot.com/2018/12/snowman-assemblyline.html They were so well received I decided to make something again this year. A different snowman.



I started with 5 1/2" blank white doll bodies that I found online.





How about this conga line with fourteen snowmen? There was no sewing involved, but a lot of gluing. For the hats I glued a piece of homestead fabric with an ironed cuff around the head, overlapping in the back. Then I gathered it up with red embroidery floss tied in a bow and fringed the top to make a pom-pom. A small jingle bell was glued on. Glued on beads for the face and buttons. Small broomsticks found in the doll house section of Michaels. Scarves of more Homestead fabric (it is woven so it has no wrong side) fringed, tied and glued in place. Toothpicks for the nose, colored with an orange marker and cut to size. The little guys have a gold thread loop on the back for hanging. 

Snowmen seem so appropriate for today. We had a big snow storm, unusual for this time of the year. We usually don't get snow until after Christmas, but there are always exceptions. We got about 6 inches, but some parts of CT got 16 inches. Alright, that's enough snow for now. I hope the rest doesn't come until I am safely in Florida.

I will be linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

2 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

What adorable festive party notions!!

Linda M said...

Adorable snowmen, every year you out do what you did the previous year! It would never occur to me to make favors. I understand the feeling about snow, we had 8" here and the closest town 16 miles away had none.