Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas Luncheon

Every year I have a Christmas luncheon for my non-fiber friends. These are the gals who go out to dinner every Friday night (not alway this many, but whoever is available) and my travel buddies. This year we had an ice storm the day before, but thankfully the weather cleared and we had a nice, although very cold, day.


Since I can't fit everyone in my dining room, I did as I did last year and split them between my kitchen and dining room. There were little green paper trees under some plates and those people got to switch rooms for dessert. I used red and white tulips for my kitchen arrangement, something I had never done for Christmas, but I thought it was very pretty. This is looking into the family room with my big Santa tree.

Remember that you can click on any picture for a bigger view and then click again for an even bigger view.



The dining room. Notice the little snowman favors that I had blogged about before.



I didn't take any pictures of my guests, but thankfully some of them did. I still have on my Christmas apron that was a gift from Maxine last year. This is almost everyone.



Terry is holding her Christmas martini. I do something different every year. This year it was Bailey's Red Velvet Irish Cream Liqueur, Peppermint Schnapps and Vanilla Vodka. rimmed with red sugar crystals....very delicious and very potent. You only needed one, then we switched to wine.


This apron makes me look like I ate a LOT of Christmas cookies. Not true!

Living Room Tree

The ice storm from the day before coated everything including the arrangement on the deck table.

I usually buy a new glass Santa every year, but I have so many that he has to be unusual for me to buy him. This straw hatted Santa in his inner tube with a Margarita reminded me of Florida so he made the cut.


This is the Santa that I made this year....so much work...but he is happy on my tree.

And I wish you a very Happy Christmas and a New Year of good times and good health.

1 comment:

Linda M said...

The house looks so festive,and the favors fir right in, Merry Christmas!