Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Monthly promts

I just realized that I never showed you the small pieces that I made for the last two monthly prompts, so here they are:


RAIN.....I searched all through my photos and I couldn't find anything. I guess I don't take pictures on rainy days. I found this one online and thought it was perfect. The misty flowers and the rain lines were already there. I just stitched over them by hand, some with two stands of pale gray floss and some with a sliver metallic thread.




REFLECTION.....When we went to Tuscany last fall one of my favorite places was the small island of Burano, part of Venice. It is known for the brilliantly colored buildings. Supposedly they were painted those vivid colors so that the fishermen could find their homes after their fishing expeditions. Now the island is known for their lacework. I just did minimal machine stitching on this one.

1 comment:

Vivien Zepf said...

These are great! Where are the prompts coming from?