Saturday, July 27, 2019

New Work

I know, I know, I haven't blogged in two weeks, but I did finish a couple of things. You may remember this small piece that I made from a close-up photo of my Escargot Begonia. It was made for the prompt for that month, Curve.


We have to choose one of our small pieces to enlarge into a bigger piece that will be mounted on a black 30" x 30" canvas for our exhibit in September. I sent the photo to Spoonflower and had it printed at 24" square.


I was very pleased with the true color that they achieved. I had altered the photo in Photoshop Elements with a  Posterize filter. I free-motion machine quilted it following the blocks of color and changing thread colors as I went.



Detail


Last month's word was Radiant and I chose this picture of a Hibiscus flower taken at my friend's home in Florida. The colors were amazing.



Again, I put the Posterize filter on it. The colors really were this intense.




My interpretation on a 4" x 6" piece. I enjoyed doing the  hand embroidery on this little piece, even though it took a long time. I decided that I want to made this one larger, too, and Spoonflower is printing it 26" square, so that I don't have to chop off the top and bottom as I had to do here. I'm hoping that the colors will be as dynamic as they are in the photo.

I am behind on my month's words and have to make it up and do two this month, Rain and Reflection. I am using my own photos for all of them, but I may have to cheat a bit with rain. Don't think I took any rainy day pictures, but I will look.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.


4 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

I’m blown away with these spectacular pieces……though not surprised given your expertise and talent!

Linda M said...

Wow! These two are spectacular! I love them both.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Norma, those are really lovely pieces. Congrats!

Kathy said...

These are so beautiful!