Thursday, July 11, 2019

Alleluia

I finished up the quilting on my stained glass window. Now all I have to do is bind it. It will have a very narrow black border, narrower than you see here.


When this was hanging on my design wall with the lights on you could see all the quilting lines and it looked terrific, but to take a picture with the lights on you get a spotlight affect. 


Here you can see some of the quilting. I mixed up the designs as I went along, just having fun. I changed the thread colors, top and bobbin for all the colors, even the two shades of gray. I did this on my Bernina because of all the thread changes. That would have been a pain in the neck on my Sweet sixteen. Also the size, 18" x 36" was very manageable on the Bernina. 



I will be linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Lovely. Your quilting gives it a streaked window affect. Not that your pieced looks unkept or dirty, just reflective.

Vera Holmgren said...

It's very beautiful! What kind of thread are you using? Do you have any experience of using Superior MonoPoly in the bobin?

Vera Holmgren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Linda M said...

Love the quilting. I'm also jealous of your lady planter in the last post- she is awesome.