Monday, January 28, 2019

Nice Surprises

A few months ago I received an email asking permission to publish my quilt, "Emerald City", which had been sold a few years ago to Yale New Haven Hospital. I agreed and then I was asked for an artist statement and photo and then I completely forgot about it. I had never heard of the publication, Curated Quilts, but it is published four times a year and each issue has a theme. My copy was in my forwarded mail yesterday.

This issue's theme was House and my Emerald City was a good fit. The magazine is quite nice with heavy paper pages, several  articles , some how-to's and many gallery pages.  I was delighted to get a full page.





Then this weekend I got another nice surprise. CBS Sunday Morning did a feature on their suns and how they choose them. One of my suns was on the wall behind Jane Pauley when the segment opened.


That's mine on the bottom and it's one of my favorites. The picture I sent is below.



The fabric rays are double faced and tacked down to be curly. The face was embroidered on my Bernina using free motion satin stitch. They have now used three of the eight suns I sent to them.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.


5 comments:

The Inside Stori said...

Well deserved!!!!

Linda M said...

Congratulations, your work deserves to be celebrated!

Shannon said...

So cool to see your work featured out and about! Hooray!

Gerrie said...

I was watching on Sunday Morning and hoping they would mention you and show at least one of your suns that has been used!

Gwyned Trefethen said...

I'm going to go back and watch last week's Sunday Morning. How exciting to have one of your suns selected as front and center. Those curled rays are so fanciful and fun. Congratulations, Norma.