Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas party


For the past several years I have hosted a Christmas ladies' luncheon at my house. I love to decorate and this is a nice way to share it with my friends. I started out by having 10 in the dining room....very crowded and then last year new friends moved into the neighborhood and we were ridiculously crushed with 12 in the dining room (very small dining room). This year there were 14 I wanted to invite, that made 15 with me so I decided to break it up between my DR and kitchen. I put a leaf in the kitchen table and I sat 7 there and 8 in the DR.  I put a Christmas tree cutout under every other plate and those people had to switch into the other room for dessert. Everyone said that they liked this system and no one was crowded or smushed.

Dining room

Kitchen, adjoining the family room with my Santa tree.


Martini glasses being guarded by my Santa cookie jar. These were for the Santa Clause martinis. I made them last year and they were a big hit. First you dip the rims in light corn syrup, then flaked coconut. Martini mixture was vodka, red apple schnapps, and cranberry juice. Delicious. I was afraid that I would have coconut all over the floor, but the corn syrup acted like super glue. The glasses were difficult to wash if they were not soaked first.


Mickie, Donna and my sister, Ruthie, toasting with their martinis.



My good friend, Claire, and I are often taken for sisters.



Couldn't resist this Santa cake plate in Home Goods.

I have been calling this year the Eating Season. It has been one luncheon, dinner, cocktail party after another. I love it all but after the holidays I will have to go on my no-sugar diet. I have no resistance if it is in front of me or even in the house. So some purging will have to be done. But for now...bon appetit and Merry Christmas!



1 comment:

Linda M said...

Looks wonderful, I'm always in awe of your decorating and hostess skills.