Friday, July 3, 2015

New Work

It's good to get somewhat back to normal now that my show is over.  See my last post if you don't know what I'm talking about.  This piece is for an invitational show of FANE that will be at a show in Old Forge, NY this fall.



The only guideline for this exhibit is that each piece be exactly 18" wide by 36" long.  I had two false starts before I came upon this one.  As in all red quilts, it's hard to photograph, but it consists of my hand dyes and several different shades of red, orange and pink Dupioni silk.  It still has to be quilted.

Since it's Friday I'm liking up again with Off The Wall Friday.  Go see what everyone is doing and leave some comments. We all love comments.

5 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Wonderful. I know that it looks better in person, as photography just can't capture the true color of things. But I can see that it is amazing. And I have been making some panels this size to sell in a shop. It has been popular.

quiltedfabricart said...

Knowing the fabrics this quilt must be
Really good in person. You're right the photo doesn't do it justice.

Kaja said...

It's a shame when the photos don't do colours justice, but I like this a lot anyway.

Linda M said...

The little bits of blue really pop!

ann said...

FABULOUS!