Tuesday, February 3, 2015

1 Day + 100 Artists + 100 Patrons = $10,000 To Fight Cancer

I am excited to be an invited artist for "The 100" to be held tomorrow, February 4, my birthday.  The goal for this fiber fundraiser for The American Cancer Society is to raise $10,000 in one day.  Just 100 people will have a chance to purchase a randomly selected art work for only $100.




See all the details on the Fiberart for a Cause website.  You will also find a list of the 100 invited artists there.  I'm sure you will want to be one of the very exclusive patrons who will be randomly assigned artwork from an extraordinary line-up of international fiber artists. Fiberart For a Cause has already raised $240,000 through the generosity of fiber artists and patrons. The first 100 people to contact Virginia Spiegel at the above mentioned website and make a contribution will be eligible.  Bids open at 10 AM central time.

The artwork that I am contributing to this worthy cause is "Bounce", which measures 9.5 " square. It is representative of my style with its hand-dyed fabrics and extensive free-motion quilting. As a patron you have a chance of receiving this piece.


This Fiberart for a Cause is one that is near to my heart.  I have lost my husband, a very dear friend, and two first cousins to this terrible disease.  Anything that may help to find a cure is worth while.

Please consider making a donation, help to conquer cancer, and get a great piece of art.

No comments: