Here is a jacket I made several years ago using a Lorraine Torrence pattern and Cherrywood fabric. Her patterns are rather complicated, but if you follow her directions to the T, they work. I even like the way it fits. I know it looks very boxy here, but it does look nice on. I had those leaf buttons in my button stash and found them after I decided to do the leaf motif on the free motion quilting.
I did some free motion quilting on the panels using heavy Jeans Stitch thread.
Here is another Lorraine Torrence pattern and again I used Cherrywood fabrics. It was another tricky pattern, but I loved the way it came out. I found those hand (and one foot) buttons at Houston and dyed them to go with the fabric.
I still have to hem the sleeves of the red jacket, but other than that I AM DONE and don't think I'll be doing any garment sewing for while. Tomorrow after Church I plan to spend the day playing with the Gelli plate I bought In Houston and haven't even opened yet. Hopefully I'll have something to show when I'm done.
I'm linking up to Off the Wall Friday. Hop on over and see what others are doing.