Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Happy Dance

I'm doing the Snoopy Happy Dance because I just got notification that both of my entires to the big IQA World of Beauty show in Houston, TX were accepted. I'm not showing pictures because there was some discussion last year about showing your work before it hangs at the show.

But if you follow my blog at all you will know both of these quilts.  The first one is a collaboration quilt that I did with Kathy Loomis, called Brown Planet, a Collaboration.  It was entered as a two person quilt in the Art Abstract, Large category.

You have also seen the other one, part of my configuration city series titled Emerald City.  That will be in the Art Abstract, Small category.

So I am a happy camper and now have to make plans to go to the show.  I have been to about eleven of the Houston shows, skipping last year because I didn't have anything that I wanted to enter. I usually go with my sister who has other plans this year so I will be going with friends.

5 comments:

Diane Wright said...

Congratulations!! Diane

Vivien Zepf said...

Yay! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

IQA has VERY GOOD taste.
Carole Hoffman

sonja said...

congratulations on entering and for showing your art quilts.wish I was just going to the shows.
I lived in West Redding as a child on Turkey Plain Rd?

Sarah said...

Congratulations on getting two entries accepted - no wonder you are doing the happy dance!!