Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Home again, home again, jiggety-jig

The picture in my previous blog was a hint that I would be traveling again. Did you get it? I spent the whole month of March in Sarasota, Florida where I rented a house with the same three cohorts, Claire, Sheila and Mickie, that did Arizona last March. We had a marvelous time and were so fortunate to have glorious weather, hot and sunny everyday. Actually here in the Northeast March was a great weather month, so it was hard to call home and gloat.

We used our house as a home base and made several road trips, day trips and overnights to Venice, St. Petersburg, The Villages (two nights), Cocoa Beach (one night), Vero Beach, Jupiter (two nights) and Naples (one night). We visited several friends and also took advantage of the many, many things to do in the Sarasota area.

We went to the Ringling Museum, the Dali Museum, the Chihuly Museum, the Mote Aquarium, the Joffrey Ballet, lots of shopping and dining out, and time spent at the beautiful Lido Beach and the pool. I am tanner than I meant to be, but with so much sun it was hard to avoid.

A month was just the right amount of time to be away. Now after unpacking, doing laundry and slogging though a month's snail mail and email, it's time to get back to reality and into my studio.

Pictures to follow.

No comments: