Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Brown Planet progress report


If I would only stay home once in awhile, maybe I'd get more done on this behemoth, I mean quilt.  If you've been following my blog you would know that this is a collaboration between Kathy Loomis and me.  I blogged about it here. She designed it and started the piecing and I am finishing it and will do the quilting.  It is huge (about 7 1/2 ft. wide) and involves some very tricky piecing.  The top half of the semicircle is now pieced.  Each row is a new challenge, but I am plugging away. I used up most of the little dark pieced sections I had made and will have to make a lot more before I continue. I can also see where I'll have to recut some of the big pieces, again.

I thought I would get a lot more done since I was home all day, a rarity.  But I photographed a quilt for my SAQA Porfoloio entry and that took forever for some reason, made a pie for guests who are coming over this evening, and this and that. I don't know where the time goes. I didn't get to my studio until late afternoon.  The rest of the week and weekend are pretty full so I don't think I'll get much done. Slow and steady wins the race. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

kathy loomis said...

Norma -- I am so proud of you!! this is looking great -- probably better than if I had finished it myself.

Martha Ginn said...

I was interested in this project when you blogged about it earlier, so I am glad to see it coming back to the top of your stack. Good luck, and I'll be watching for more progress reports.
Martha Ginn

Linda M said...

It's really looking good.

LynDee said...

Ohhh, I like what you are doing...

ann said...

This looks wonderful. LOVE the colors. Of course the left side looks like little pieces. However, if I can get my mind aroung 7.5 feet, they are NOT small. The quilt is HUGE.

About not staying home: PLAY while you can!

Norma Schlager said...

Ann,
The pieces on the left are quite small. Most of the strips are about 1/4" to i/2" or less.

Deirdre said...

I can't wait to see this, hopefully in real life!
:-D eirdre