Monday, November 7, 2011

More from Houston

One of the exhibits at the show was of photography, Eye of the Quilter, and the theme this year was Friendship. It was beautifully done, as were all the exhibits . This gives you a very small view of the scope of the show. It takes up the entire Bush Convention Center. The main floor is the size of three football field and is about half filled with quilts and the other half vendors and food. The second and third floors are for classes, lectures and special luncheons.



I entered a photo I had taken in Kyoto, Japan of teenage girls dressed in kimonos out shopping.
I was so pleased to have it juried into the show.



The photos were grouped by theme, mine was with other Asian people. There were children, adults, pets, flowers and many more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading you blog, Norma. I travel with you vicariously. Loved your photo.
Carole