Friday, November 18, 2011

Bye, Bye Green



Yippee! I finally finished quilting Emerald City and am ready to put away the green mess that was on my work table. I still have sooo much green fabric left and I will save all those left over strips for another day, too.


Here she is, all done except for the facing and that can wait. It ended up being about 48" x 48". It gave me so much trouble in the quilting. The size wasn't the problem, although quilting a smaller piece is easier. It was all those seams. I would be merrily quilting along and the darned thing would refuse to move, having the quilting foot caught up on a seam and I would end up with tiny, tiny stitches. Or I would tug on the quilt to get out of that tight space and I would have galloping big stitches. Argh!!


Here are a couple of details. It's not horrible, but not up to my usual standards.

Here's a detail of a quilt that I did last year. I ended up not liking the quilt and I have since cut it up, but I did like the quilting. And this quilt was full of seams, too, and about the same size so I don't know what the problem was with the green monster, but now it's on to greener pastures.
Or maybe not so green.

Remember to click on each picture for a bigger view and comments are always welcome.

5 comments:

Vivien Zepf said...

This looks great!

Anonymous said...

I think this is lovely, Norma. I really like the little red surprise that adds interest and movement.

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Norma, this is stunning. This little tiny strips of red add a splash of excitement. I'd love to see this in person!

Martha Ginn said...

Norma, not horrible at all! I love the "geometric" quilting inside the pieces. I think this stitch pattern is more difficult than the loopy one in the yellow piece. Good job!

helenek said...

Norma,

This is one of my favorites. I love green and I especially like the sparks of red and the square quilting pattern.
HeleneK