Friday, April 1, 2011

I'm Back


Did you miss me? I missed all of you. I've been away for the whole month of March in sunny, beautiful Arizona.

Three of my friends and I were so fed up with the miserable winter we'd been having here in Connecticut, that we decided to rent a house in Carefree, AZ. It was a wise decision and we had a fabulous time. We made many side trips from our home base in Carefree and I will blog about them in the coming days.



Carefree was a charming town on the outskirts of Scottsdale. The street names were typical of the easy-going attitude of the town. I photographed only a few.






In a addition to these, there were: While Away Road, Radiant Court, Nonchalant Lane, Never Mind Trail, Meander Way, Slumber Street, Rocking Chair Road, Peaceful Place, and Resting Road. One steep street that we walked up was called Breathless and the cross road was Huff and Puff.

Everyday we woke up to a beautiful blue sky and sunshine with no humidity. It was heavenly. We only had one rainy day out of 31, and the temps ranged from the low 70's to the low 80's. It cooled down a bit at night and that made for perfect sleeping with no AC.

If you come back in the next few days, I'll post about some of our adventures.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Not only did I miss you, I was starting to worry . . . and hoped you were traveling. Good news! You were!

Welcome back.

Maxine Oliver said...

Welcome home and what a great idea to leave for a month...We're thinking of doing the same next year. I love the street signs. Sounds like my kind of place...

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

that's just so totally not fair! LOL sounds like you had a great time! Can't wait to hear of your adventures!

Anonymous said...

I too was hoping nothing was wrong. It's not like you to be away so long without us knowing why.
Glad you had a great time

Vivien Zepf said...

I've just had the chance to read through your pictures and travelogue to date. It's all wonderful! If I had known you were going to Carefree, I would have asked my in-laws for some favorite haunt recommendations. They've been renting a house in Carefree for the last 10 years from Jan - April. They love it and are always so happy to be there. I'll bet you'll be returning, too, after all the fun you had! : )