Monday, June 14, 2010

This and That

Sorry to have been away for so long, but I've had a pretty busy week. My sister was visiting for a few days and we did so many things. One of them was a visit to the NY Botanical Gardens to see the Emily Dickinson gardens. Just a few pictures below but it was glorious! I took so many photos; I'll have plenty of blog fodder for Wordless Wednesdays.









One of the best things we did was see Billy Elliot on Broadway. I think it's one of the best shows I've ever seen. It's a wonderful story (if you haven't seen the movie, rent it. You'll love it.) The Broadway show is a musical with incredible dancing. The talent of the young people, especially the one who played Billy was amazing. He could do ballet, tap, jazz, and sing and act (all with a Welsh accent). There are actually five young actors who take turns playing Billy, due to child labor laws. I'm sure they're equally terrific. I laughed and I cried and thoroughly enjoyed myself. If you only get to see one Broadway show this year, this should be it.

We ended her visit with the Greek Festival in Danbury at the Greek Church. Of course we go for the food and it was delectable, as usual. And fat and calories don't count if it's on church grounds. Isn't that true?

She left Saturday morning and that day I went to a flower show with a friend and out to lunch. It seems that all the fun things involve eating out. But who's complaining? Not me!

Now I'm trying to play catch-up in my studio. I did get some work done yesterday and hope to finish this current piece soon.

No comments: