In 1995 when I was in a guild to which I no longer belong, I was in charge of Block of the Month. A pattern was published in the Newsletter, members made the blocks and took them to a meeting, then a drawing was held and one lucky person got enough to make a quilt. Although this was a fairly easy block to piece, I think that people were scared away by the number of pieces and we didn't get that many entrants. So we broke it up into two or three sets of four and I was lucky enough to win one set that included my own block. I used this setting to get the most out of my four blocks and designed the holly and bow corners to applique on. I machine pieced the whole thing with the walking foot, going a quarter inch away from the seam lines, mimicking hand quilting. I quilted "in the ditch" around all the little green triangles.
My block is on the right hand side. I made a little chart for the back label showing who made each block. This quilt hangs in my upstairs hallway, right outside my studio.