Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

When I moved to this house 8 years ago I had to decide how to put a Christmas tree in my very small living room, or parlor as one friend calls it. I have 9 foot ceilings and I didn't want a table tree. So I bought this very skinny, yet tall, artificial tree, called a pencil tree in the trade. I loaded it up with 1,200 tiny white lights and lots of ornaments that are either silver, gold or white.

Fortunately the weather has cooperated and my son arrived safely and on time yesterday from Portland, OR. His girlfriend comes from her parents' home in SC this evening and my sister from Long Island tomorrow. So my small family will be together for Christmas. I hope you get to spend the holidays with those you love and I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy New Year.

1 comment:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Merry Christmas! Your pencil tree is beautiful.