Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Man for All Seasons

I wish I had some fabulous new art to share or pictures to show, but I don't. I have been busy sewing, but nothing finished to show yet. But I had the most delightful day today. I went to NYC to see A Man for All Seasons starring Frank Langella. It has to be one of the best plays I have ever seen on Broadway. It was riveting and his performance was astounding. If he doesn't win the Tony for best actor in a play this year I will be shocked. He plays Sir Thomas Moore, Chancellor to King Henry VIII and the play deals with the whole story of the King's wanting to divorce his first wife to marry Anne Boleyn. We all know the tale. But this is the story behind the story of how Moore held firm to his beliefs and ultimately gave his life. There wasn't a dry eye in the house at the end.
It is serendipitous that I am currently watching The Tudors on NetFlicks, the Showtime trashy version of the tale and recently read "The Constant Princess", also an abysmal narrative of Catherine of Aragon's life, Henry's first wife, the one he needed to divorce to marry Anne. Oh my, so much Henry VIII at one time.
As I said, today was splendid, spent with two dear friends, Nike and Liz. We had a delicious lunch at the Blue Fin, a very nice restaurant. Life is good.

No comments: