Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Art Concentrated

My son lives in the Pacific Northwest and sends me wonderful pictures when he is out hiking. He know that I like pictures with flowers in the foreground and mountains or hills in the background. It was the inspiration for this postcard which had to be in the landscape orientation.



I can't believe how long it took me to make this little post card, or Art Concentrated, as we call them in Fiber Revolution. I need to make two of them to send for a FR show, where they will be mounted on watercolor paper and framed in black shadow boxes. I had hoped to get them both made today and here it is almost 4:00. I first fused down the four background pieces after auditioning many colors. Then I stitched the evergreens in the far background, then the leaves and grass in the foreground. The big lupines were fused, pinked pieces of dupioni silk, that were heavily over stitched . Smaller lupines were just stitched onto the green. I think I might try another one in the portrait orientation, but not today. I'm calling this one "Lakeside Lupines"

Now to see if I can start another one, something different. If I finish it I'll post it tomorrow,

No comments: