Sunday, November 16, 2008

Finshed Jacket

Last night I finished the jacket using the Wendy Richardson over-dyed vintage decorator fabric and trim I bought in Houston. I bought the hand painted buttons there, too. I've made this pattern before (see bottom picture) and have worn it many times. I never felt the need to wear anything at the neck, but this one wanted a scarf. I wore it today to a concert and out to dinner today with this scarf.


Here's another option. I purchased this crinkled silk scarf in Japan and have been surprised at how many things it goes with. I think this gives it a sportier look.

I have quite a bit of fabric left over and am thinking of making a small shoulder bag purse.


Here's the old tried and true version. This is also Wendy's fabric and trim. Buttons also purchased in Houston.

Now I have to finish my Challenge Quilt for the guild and *then* I can get on to making something new. Not allowed to show the challenge quilt before the February meeting.
The challenge is "Going Green" and you have to use some recycled material. I'm having a lot of fun with it and it's almost finished. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Susan Schrott, Artist said...

Norma
this is exquisite. You must look gorgeous in this jacket. It is just beautiful. Is this what you needed the seamripper for?

Vivien Zepf said...

So elegant! I bet it looks great on you!

Sherryl said...

Love the Jackets. I am sure you looked very sharp.

Maxine Oliver said...

love those jackets. will you wear one tonight to the meeting.....Maxine