Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Houston Purchases

Since I haven't done anything in my studio since I returned from Houston, I thought I'd take the cue from other bloggers and show some of the neat things I bought at the show.

These beautiful buttons are hand painted, unbreakable, washable buttons from South Africa. They were only $8 dollars a card, regardless of size. I wanted them all! They are on a one inch grid so you can see the size.


This scrumptious fabric is over-dyed vintage decorator fabric from Wendy Richardson. It's much deeper and richer than it looks in the photo. The top is really a deep rust and the bottom is a deep rust/teal print. The trim is dyed to coordinate. I made a jacket/blouse from two of her fabrics several years ago and every time I wear it I get compliments, so I decided to make another one. The patterns calls for two large buttons and I am going to use the two on the far left in the button picture above. In person they do look great together.


I had to have these rabbit beads hand carved from bone. The big ones are about 1 1/2 inches long. Don't you love the way he's scratching his ear?


This is the same size as the one above.



I bought two of these smaller beads, about an inch long. They will all play together in a necklace with other supporting beads.

Obviously I bought a lot more "stuff" but these are probably the most interesting.

2 comments:

Maxine Oliver said...

Hi Norma, Love the rabbit beads. I agree, they would look great in a necklace. Maxine

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

I'm green with envy. I absolutely love everything you bought in Houston. I think you should be my personal shopper!
K