Monday, July 15, 2024

Fun new project

 One of the blogs I follow is Linda Heines. Last week she blogged about these cute little window cards. They were 5" square with a 3" opening and made of a very nice, heavy duty, slightly textured  paper. They come with a good quality envelope and would be suitable for framing in a 5" square. I knew that I would order some here

Then I remembered that I had made Christmas cards several years ago with window cards and embossed velvet snow flakes. I thought I had a few left. Yes, I did and there were 18 left! My cards were 5" x 7". I first thought that I would cut them down to 5" squares on my great paper cutter. Here is the first one I made.


I am using squares from a quilt I made and never finished, not sure why, but it gave me quite a few of these cute little succulents that had been color changed in Photoshop. I added the die cut border, but now I'm not sure if it needed it.


Then I went on to make a few using the the 5" x 7" cards, ging me more room for stamped sentiments. And of course, since these are cards, there is plenty of room inside for another stamped sentiment.




The backing for the quilt was a yummy hand-dyed look-alike of pretty pastels merging into each other and they looked good in the openings, too.


Lots more of those squares.




I went searching my studio to see what else I could use and in my big stash of shibori fabric I found these little stitched circles. They are not quilted, but that's okay.


This makes me want to do some more shibori


So thank you Linda, for inspiring me. My cards arrived yesterday (one day after ordering, gotta love Amazon) and I'm off to "play" some more.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

 

4 comments:

Lynda Heines said...

Norma, I LOVE these!! They are gorgeous!! I am so glad I inspired you to make them. Now I need to make more!!

Norma Schlager said...

Thanks, Lynda. Me, too!

Anonymous said...

Such a great way to “recycle and reuse “. Making beautiful cards.��Ruthie

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What a great way to repurpose a UFO. These truly are notes from Norma with love.