Friday, May 26, 2023

I'm still here

 My sister reminded me of how neglectful I have been in my Facebooking and blogging. No excuses, altho I have been busy with gardening and my son was here for a few days, too. But when I went to write this entry, I saw how very behind I am.

I finished my April stitching. I liked having spaces between the blocks, but did narrower spaces for May.




So here is May,  finished except for one block which I will do tonight. My color scheme was coral, aqua and lime green, with a few variations.



The colors look different, depending on where I took the picture. This one, taken outside has a bluish tint.

On some designs I used more than one block, like this one that uses 5 blocks.


And this one that uses 2


I plan to do more of that in June and will also use brighter colors and some variegated threads. 

I also used my page to document some things going on in my life, like finding a robin's egg in my driveway. No sign of a nest, but I do love that fabulous color. I had a lot of trouble depicting this nest. I think the only thing I got right was the color of the eggs.



Or the little bunny who was in my garage for two days, don't know why and it wasn't easy getting him out. Then that night he ate every single flower on my new Dianthus plants....no leaves, no buds, just flowers. I know it was him and I have since sprayed with an animal repellent.


I'll try to blog more often. I used to be so diligent, but it's easy to slip away.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday.






3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Love 💕 the colors and the circles.

Sue said...

I can always recognize your work on the FB group page. I follow along and wish I needed one more project but I resist. I really enjoy seeing your take on this...so precise and creative and well done. The other day, I wore my jean jacket and wished it had some embroidery on it..... maybe I can try it. Sue

Rebecca Grace said...

Your stitching is beautiful, Norma. The downside to social media is that every minute spent writing blog posts or posting to IG and FB is a minute of actual creative output that is lost. It's definitely a tradeoff!