Saturday, August 13, 2022

Black and White and Pink All Over

Last week I mentioned the Dark and Light themed show that FiberWorks is putting on in Sept. While going thru my stash of quilts looking for something else, I can across this quilt that I made several years ago. It was for an online challenge and had never been shown anywhere in person. I thought it was perfect for this show and even the perfect size, 28 " square to fit on the required 30" square black canvas.


I fused collaged as many black and white prints as I had and put them in a dark to light sequence.



Then I wrote all over the surface using free-motion satin stitching with as many "pink" phrases that I could think of.


 I covered it with netting, capturing many pink objects under the netting such as spangles, paper clips sequins, buttons and beads and I free-motion quilted it in pink thread.

When I finished the quilt I realized that I had omitted a most important phrase, Schiaparelli Pink, named after the famous designer in the fifties who brought the phrase and color into our vocabulary.  So the quilt is titled Homage to Schiaparelli.

I'm linking up with Off the Wall Friday

3 comments:

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Cuteness!!! And I love the title you gave it!!!

The Inside Stori said...

Absolutely charming!!

LA Paylor said...

gosh this is interesting. I like black and white with one color accent
LeeAnna