Sunday, August 1, 2021

Weekly Stitching

 I only managed to get four squares done this week because they were a little labor intensive and I spent way too much time on my monthly challenge page.

Last winter before I went to Florida I snow dyed several yards of fabric, knowing that what I had would not be enough. Last weekend I spray basted some of it to flannel and cut out about 135 more four inch squares. That should hold me for awhile. I still have a lot of fabric left and it should be enough for a backing.




I'm still having fun with little flower circles using those cute woven spoke flowers, lazy daisy and French knots.










You will see more of these variations next week.



My prompt for my July page was DOOR. I first made a set of doors that I thought were just right, but when I put them down on the page, they were all wrong so I took them off and did them over, I used the print in the fabric as a guide for the embroidery.





And a nice little surprise wheń you open the doors. I'm not sure what I'm doing for August, but I will try not to let it go until the last minute.


I'm as little late in linking up with Off the Wall Friday.


1 comment:

kathy loomis said...

For me, the surprise when you opened the doors was not the lovely little embroidered vine, but the sunburst fabric on the inside of the doors. I have the same fabric! I think from the 1980s? Maybe the 1970s? Or maybe it has come back as a retro.

Love your little spoke flowers. I am so enjoying your project!