Thursday, June 17, 2021

Daily Stitching and Origami

 I managed to get six squares done this week, partly because three of them were easy-peasy stylized flower heads and allowed me to practice my running stitch, aiming for smaller and more even stitches. The other three were still designs from that book and I have exhausted that supply.













If you read my blog you will know that one of my hobbies is making greeting cards. I've been doing it for the last few years and never get tired of it because there are always new stamps and techniques to try. Pinterest is a font of inspiration and when I saw these origami dresses I knew that I had to give it a try, even tho I've never been good at origami. This video on Facebook was excellent!

Well.....it was like eating popcorn, once I started I couldn't stop. These first five were mounted on 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 cards that I had run thru my embosser first. Some have sentiments, some don't and none of them have the insides finished.










These last two were mounted onto 5 x 7 cards. I think I like the smaller cards better.



This last one used a different pattern and two pieces of 6' x 6" paper and a much more complicated process. I don't think it was worth the extra  effort. It also made a slightly larger dress. I will stick to the first pattern if I make anymore.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

No comments: