Thursday, June 20, 2019

Little Boxes

I am still having fun with my paper crafting. I've made a lot of cards and am sending them to anyone for any reason. It's your birthday, you're not feeling well, you've had a loss in your family, you did something nice for me.....you get a handmade card in the mail. Everyone who gets them seems to appreciate them.

I also thought it would make a nice little hostess gift, a set of thank you notecards tied with a pretty ribbon. But them I thought how much nicer they would be in a handmade box or folder to match. Thanks to Pinterest, I found some great tutorials and this is what I made so far.


The lid on this one closes with hidden magnets. I had bought a pad of gold foil card stock and thought it would be good for this. The base of the holder is navy card stock. It holds 6 notecards and envelopes. The ribbon is just decorative.

Pretty inside, too.


The same box in different colors and more gold foil papers.





This little box also holds 6 note cards with envelopes, but it closes with a paper band that you slide down to open. I matched the colors and stamping to the cards inside.



This last one looks like a little book and holds 6 full size greeting cards. I had purchased a packet of very cheap inexpensive printed papers eons ago and then they sat there for years. Lucky me, they work very well as a decorative layer on the card stock.


It ties closed with a satin ribbon.




And, yes, I am also sewing. I am making progress on my stained glass window quilt made of Dupioni silk. Today is another rainy, gloomy day here in the northeast, and hopefully I will get a lot of sewing done. You will see it when I finish the piecing.

I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

These are super cute. I love the idea of magnetic closures and the one with the sliding down paper clasp. Thanks for sharing!

The Inside Stori said...

Wow……so very impressive and clever….love the direction your art is going...

Amy Art Quilter & Fyber Cafe said...

Your boxes are beautiful. I've also made this same box, AND I've used the same gold print scallop paper that you used! I've also been paper crafting, but have so many cards I've switched to art journaling. Thanks for the inspiration.

Alice Brown said...

Wow……so very impressive and clever….love the direction your art is going
Magnetic Closure Boxes
Custom Magnetic Closure Boxes
Printing Packaging Magnetic Closure Boxes
Wholesale Magnetic Closure Boxes
USA Magnetic Closure Boxes