Friday, March 22, 2019

Embroidery

Knowing that I would be in Florida for three months and knowing that I would not have a machine and all the other goodies in my home studio, I thought I would do a lot of hand work. I did do a couple of small pieces for my FiberWork group and  I was pleased with those results. I had looked at a lot of "modern" embroidery on Pinterest and looked forward to doing those. I tried two and they were both big flops and I gave up on them before I went too far.

Then I remembered how much I enjoyed working on a denim jeans jacket. a couple of years ago. I did an original paisley design on the front and back. I loved working on it and I loved the results. You can see it all here.

I follow Linda McLoughlin's blog and admire her tenacity and talent as she shares her daily and weekly art. One of her recent projects is embroidering different circles over a period of time on a vintage napkin. See her fabulous work here.

So with Linda's permission to borrow her idea, I started this week on a white jeans jacket with circular designs,  doing different embroidery stitches in each one. I started with the basics....running stitch, chainstitch, French knots, and button hole. I will keep adding circles as I go along, filling it in  and will do a little seed stitch in the background. I love how you can go to YouTube and learn how to do anything, including all those embroidery stitches.


French Knots

running stitch

chain stitch

buttonhole
I will show you my progress as I go along. Please come back. I am linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

.

3 comments:

Linda M said...

I love it! That is going to be one gorgeous jacket.

Gwyned said...

Linda is an inspiration, isn't she? You have taken her concept and expanded it. Love how it is coming along.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful embroidery. It matches the navy and white color theme that is permeating our lives. You are motivating me to start being more creative.