Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Christmas Party

Every year for the past few years I have had a Christmas luncheon for some of my female friends. It gives me chance to share my Christmas decorations, of which I do a lot, and spend a nice afternoon with friends.
Me, Claire and Elizabeth
I made my Santa-tinis again with the coconut rimmed glasses. I think this is the last year for them since I was vacuuming up a lot of coconut flakes the next day. I did a different treatment for my mantle this year with cascading red jingle bells, although you can't see them here. I also hung my favorite Christmas quilt that I made many years ago. It is all hand quilted with gold metallic thread. Can't do that anymore, due to elbow problems.

Marlene, me and Sheila.
Am I really that much taller than most of my friends? I did have on boots with a heel, though, except for Claire, I am the tallest.


Ruthie and Maxine


I cannot fit 15 people in my dining room, so I split them between the DR and the kitchen. I put a cutout paper tree under every other plate so that at dessert people had to switch rooms. I did that last year and it worked out very well.


In the kitchen. Notice the snowmen party favors at each plate. They were a big hit.


I saw these adorable penguins on Pinterest and knew I had to make them. You were supposed to split the second olive partly through and insert the mozzarella ball. No matter how careful I was, they broke, thus the extra toothpick through the wings. They were quite tasty to eat, too.

I think I gained 3 or 4 pounds during this, The Eating Season. I have so little willpower, if it's there I am compelled to eat it.  I have such a sweet tooth and cookies are my big downfall. Right after the holidays I am going back to NO SUGAR!

But let's enjoy this festive season while we can. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


1 comment:

The Inside Stori said...

Isn’t it so nice to host a gathering at Christmas with your buddies!? The decor, food, and favors are all inspirational! I especially loved the idea of switching places at dessert time….clever! Merry Christmas my friend!!