Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Shibori

If you follow my blog you know my fondness for shibori. I've made my fair share of fabric to use in art quilts, the velvet shibori pillows I made last year, and the many, many vintage napkins I made last summer. It seems like shibori is ubiquitous these days, in clothing and decorating, but I still could not believe my eyes when I saw these storage boxes in Joanne's the other day. I didn't know what I would do with them but I knew that they had to come home with me. I bought the only two they had, one sightly larger that the other.

Here they are, one stacked on top of the other.


They have grosgrain ribbon tabs to open them on the top.




Surprise, surprise, they are the perfect storage place for SOME  of my napkins. And look how pretty the boxes are inside.


I was planning on using my napkins for a holiday party I am having this weekend and was wondering how to put them on the buffet table. Now I know. I am going to put the whole opened box on the table with the silverware tucked into glasses on the side. 

 Happy Fourth of July!

I will be linking up with Off the Wall Friday

3 comments:

Linda M said...

What a great find, I'll have to take a look at Joanns and see if they might have some here.

Lynda said...

Those boxes are a great find and are perfect for you napkins.

Vivien Zepf said...

Lovely!