Saturday, April 7, 2018

Big news!

If you read my blog at all you probably know that I go to Florida for the month of March. I go down with my sister and two other friends and rent a condo or house for the month. We have a marvelous time and it's always good to get away from the weather in the Northeast. This year we were especially happy to have missed the four Nor'easters.
Every year when we are down there we have fun going to open houses on Sundays and also looking at models for new houses. Every year it gets harder to find a nice rental, especially for a month. Most people want to rent for four months. And the rentals that we do find are never what we love, always dated and lacking in some way. So I went down this year with the idea that if I found something that I loved that I would buy it.
And I did! We went to a lovely gated community in Naples that is mostly built and still has models for viewing. I absolutely fell in love with the very first model. It was exactly what I had in mind, size-wise...three bedrooms, three baths and an open floor plan. And it had the bonus of a small den and all on one floor. The other models were much too big for my purposes for a vacation home.They had a spec house of the model I liked that was 99% finished. I can't believe how fast it all happened. I closed in two weeks and the house is completely finished. We bought a lot of furniture and had it delivered. We are going back down for a week in May to get some more furniture delivered and do some more shopping.
I always hesitate to say that I am going away, but I do have an excellent home alarm system here and wonderful watchful neighbors. So don't even think of coming and stealing my quilts! I will be going down for longer next winter, probably 2 1/2 months.


Here I am in the model. How could I not buy it? It matches my dress!

7 comments:

Sue said...

That is VERY big news !! I'm excited for you and I'm sure it will be stunningly beautiful with all of your special touches. I see tropical fiber art on the walls very soon !! S

Rachel said...

Congratulations! Sounds lovely.

Regina B Dunn said...

Congratulations! Maybe you'll like it so much you'll stay even longer. I love living here in Florida...so many wonderful things to do when you live in a vacation destination.

Anonymous said...

Hi Norma
Finally got to my computer and read all the back to the end of the blogs. I love seeing your pictures and reading about the great times that you and your friends have..
Congrats on the purchase of a vacation home ....but you have to promise that you won't move for good!
Carole

LA Paylor said...

whee! Clapping hands
What fun to now have your own place, and I suspect you'll find more reasons to go down there now. Your home will be safe, and you'll be like a colorful quilting snow bird.
So where will your machine go?

Nancy said...

How exciting!!! Congratulations! It looks beautiful and so do you!!!

Lorraine said...

Norma how exciting!! I visited Naples this winter and it is fabulous! Loved the shopping, restaurants and scenery. So happy for you!!! What fun you will have. Congratulations! Love Lorraine