Thursday, January 18, 2018

Coiled Chicken Basket

This little chick was a big pain in the neck to make. I had written instructions that were very confusing so I borrowed my friend's chicken and used hers as a model.



                          Barbara used scraps of yellow, orange and tan. So cute!




I used four different prints of white and black. I made the tail shorter and fuller, making six loops instead of three. I also made the handle thicker and a little further back so that it was more balanced. 

I will be linking up with Off the Wall Friday.

8 comments:

kathy loomis said...

I like yours a lot better! Great color combination, and I like the handle separate instead of being welded to the breast. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Two breeds of chicken. :-)
It does look like a tedious project.

Linda Schiffer said...

Soooo cute! I did not care much for the original but yours is tres kawaii.

;) Linda

quiltedfabricart said...

What Linda and Kathy said! Yours is tops in the "pecking " order.lol!

Kathy Pitts said...

Love it.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

What fun! Wouldn't these make lovely Easter baskets? I'm still smiling at the image of your basket.

Martha Ginn said...

Well, your little black/white chicken basket is just too precious! And her improved shape is right on!

Sarah said...

Very cute, they made me smile! Yours stands out more but the little yellow and tan one is still super sweet!