Sunday, November 5, 2017

Government

After all of our fighting, Vietnam is a Communist country and Ho Chi Min is still much revered. I was surprised to see such a large parade ground surrounded by government buildings and Ho Chi Min's tomb. While we were nonplussed by the huge amounts of trash and litter in all of Vietnam and Cambodia, Hanoi was just the opposite. The parks were well groomed and the streets were clean.





These beautiful marigold yellow buildings were built by the French when they were in power. This color was considered a symbol of power, so they were kept that way. President Trump will be there on November 11, Veteran's Day (how fitting). We told them keep him and not send him back. Where else could he find a building to match his hair?

I am having cataract surgery tomorrow morning, so I'm not sure if I will be blogging for the next couple of days. I had one eye done three years ago and it was not very successful. I had a terrible sensitivity to light and a strange flickering in my eye. They never could find a reason and everything checked out OK. It gradually (very gradually) got better and now it's time to do the other. So wish me luck. I need my eyes.



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your Trump comment made me laugh! Good luck with your eye op.